A Naturopathic Doctor is a licensed and regulated primary health care practitioner that combines evidence-based science and natural therapies to assess and treat illness or dysfunction. The Naturopathic Doctor will focus entirely on you and why your health concern exists. By identifying and addressing the root cause of your illness, a Naturopathic Doctor may use a variety of treatment modalities such as clinical nutrition and lifestyle counselling, acupuncture, Traditional Chinese Medicine, botanical medicine and much more. A few examples of why you may seek naturopathic care are fatigue, digestive issues, weight management, aches and pain, sleep issues, hormonal imbalances, immune support, skin health, and more.
What to expect from the Naturopathic Doctor at Physio First:
- Treatment will begin with a thorough health history intake that may span over 1-2 visits, including:
- Discussing the foundations of health such as current dietary habits, sleep hygiene, movement and exercise, stress management and environmental exposures.
- Reviewing any relevant laboratory tests, all current medications and supplement protocols
- Performing any relevant physical exams to further assess your concern
- Please note, further labs and testing may be recommended
- Based on the assessment of your concern, the Naturopathic Doctor will work with you to establish a treatment plan to achieve lifelong health. Your journey to wellness will be monitored at follow-up visits and the Naturopathic Doctor may adjust your treatment plan as needed.
As part of your wellness team, a Naturopathic Doctor compliments other services to help you achieve lifelong health. If you are unsure about how Naturopathic Medicine can help you, please book a Complimentary 15-minute Naturopathic Consultation to discuss any questions you have.