As primary health care practitioners, the Physiotherapists at Physio First combine complete knowledge of how the body works with specialized hands-on clinical skills to assess, diagnose and treat symptoms of illness, injury or disability.
By promoting your health and independence, the practitioner’s goal is to restore, maintain and maximize your strength, function, movement and overall well-being.
What to expect from the practitioners at Physio First:
- Treatment will begin with an extensive assessment that may include:
- Health history
- Review of documentation from previous medical visits
- Evaluation of pain, range of motion and movement patterns
- Muscle flexibility and strength testing
- Sensation, reflexes and neurological muscle testing
- Analysis of posture, balance, gait and functional movement.
- Based on the assessment of your condition, the practitioner will establish a diagnosis and work with you to develop an individualized treatment program involving:
- Manual therapy techniques and joint mobilizations
- Demonstration of injury specific exercises
- Therapeutic modalities to reduce pain, inflammation and facilitate recovery
- Valuable education regarding the nature of injury and pathology, as well as education on specific home exercises you can do to help yourself recover faster.
Physio First uses modern, state-of-the-art equipment and exercise software that allows the practitioner to create a unique and specific exercise program for each patient, allowing convenient at-home access. Your progress will be monitored at follow-up visits and the practitioner may adjust your treatment according to changes in your body.
In addition, some of our Physiotherapists may also use acupuncture as part of your physiotherapy treatment. Through the use of sterile fine needles, a trained physiotherapist can use acupuncture as a part of their physiotherapy treatment to stimulate and modulate abnormal activity of the circulatory, endocrine, immune and peripheral nervous systems. Therapeutic effects include; pain relief, decreased muscle spasm and decreased stress.