Q: Do I need a referral from my doctor to receive treatment?
You do not require a referral from your doctor in order to receive treatment. However, in order to be reimbursed for payment of services rendered your insurance company may require that you submit a referral from your doctor. Call your insurance provider to confirm exact details of your plan as they vary greatly.
Q: How should I dress?
You should bring or wear a pair of comfortable shorts or yoga or jogging pants and a t-shirt. For example, if you have an ankle or knee problem it is best to wear shorts. For neck or back pain wear a loose fitting shirt and pants so we can perform a thorough and accurate examination.
Q:Who will see me?
You will be evaluated by one of our registered and qualified practitioners and he/she will also treat you during following visits.
Your therapist may identify that your injury/condition may benefit from another type of service at our facility (ie Massage Therapy). As a result you may be referred to another practitioner to receive that part of your treatment.
In order to maintain continuity of care we always try our best to book your follow up appointments with the same therapist. Occasionally you may have to see another practitioner in the absence of your regular treating practitioner (vacation, attending a course etc). The practitioners will, with your consent, work closely together to ensure that all your treatment needs are met at every visit.
Q: How long will each appointment last?
Your initial consultation visit is one to one with your therapist and will last 60 minutes. Additional treatment appointments will consist of one to one treatment sessions with your therapist lasting 30 minutes. In addition, supervised exercises with our Physiotherapist Assistant in our gym is also included in your visit.
Q: How many visits will I need?
Everyone is different and their treatment plans will vary. You may need only a few visits or you may need weeks or months of care. It depends on your injury, the severity of your symptoms, your past medical history, etc. At the completion of your first visit your therapist will be able to better determine the number and frequency of visits needed. At follow up treatment appointments you will be re-evaluated frequently by your therapist to closely monitor your progress and adjust your treatment plan as required.
Parking, Directions & Public Transit Access
Q: Do you have parking?
We provide free underground parking for our clients on a first come first serve basis.Here is some helpful information regarding access to the parking.
- Underground parking entry is directly off of Lakeshore Blvd
- You will need to buzz the concierge / security using the intercom
- Please tell them you have an appointment at Physio First Lakeshore
- After entry follow the blue ‘2230 Lakeshore visitor parking signs’ to P1
- You can park in any of the visitor spots located on P1
- Follow the exit signs that lead you to the elevator
- You will need to buzz the concierge / security a second time by using code ‘3000.’ Alternatively, you can buzz directly to our office by using code '8410' so we can let you in.
- Take the elevator to the ground floor, head towards the main lobby, exit the front doors, turn right and we are in the second office on the street level
Q: Are you accessible to public transit?
We are accessible via the 501 & 301 TTC streetcar. Physio First is located between 2 stops and is a short walk to the clinic.